When You May Enroll
BNY Mellon holds an Open Enrollment period every year in the fall. The benefits you choose during Open Enrollment will become effective on the following January 1. Benefits will remain in effect through the following December 31, or until the last day of the month you transition to a status that is ineligible for benefit coverage or until you leave the company, if earlier.
If you are newly eligible for benefits during 2016, the choices you make when you enroll remain in effect from the date of your eligibility through December 31, 2016, or until the last day of the month you transition to a status that is ineligible for benefit coverage or until you leave the company, if earlier.
After you enroll, you will be able to make changes to your benefit selections ONLY if you have a qualified like event during the year. Your next opportunity to make changes will be during Open Enrollment for the next plan year.
For more information, see the Benefits Guide 2016.
Making Informed Enrollment Decisions
If you’re newly eligible and enrolling for the first time, choosing a health plan is a big decision. Be ready to make an informed decision about your 2016 health care benefits using the resources and tools that are available to you and your family members.
For general questions about benefits or enrollment, call the BNY Mellon Benefit Solutions Service Center at 1-800-947-HR4U (4748), option 2, between 8:30 a.m. and 8 p.m. ET, Monday through Friday.
Review Plans and Compare Costs
- Read the 2016 Benefits Guide, available on the Home page under Quick Links
- Watch interactive presentations that can help you make informed decisions (for all below presentations use password: Benefits2016):
- Visit MyBenefit Solutions at work or from home to use these decision support tools (access instructions are noted in the Enroll section below):
- Health Care Cost Summary. Use this tool to view your past health care expenses so that you can estimate your future health care needs
- Medical Expense Estimator. Estimate your 2016 health care expenses under both Plan HRA and Plan HSA
- Decision Direct. Obtain specific, personalized enrollment suggestions with this easy-to-use tool. By answering a few simple questions about your benefit needs and preferences, Decision Direct helps you compare the plans and determine the best option for you
- “People Like Me.” Learn about enrollment decisions others have made and the reasons behind their decisions
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) Estimator. Estimate how much to contribute to health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts based on anticipated yearly expenses
- Health Savings Account (HSA) Estimator. Estimate how much to contribute to the HSA based on anticipated yearly expenses
Enrollment deadlines for newly eligible employees are provided with 2016 enrollment materials. Be sure to enroll by the deadline so you receive the coverage that best fits your and your family’s needs, and to enroll in the Flexible Spending Accounts or flex vacation.
Enroll by going to MyBenefit Solutions:
- At Work: Single sign-on access through MyReward (MySource > MyReward > Logon to MyReward > Proceed to My Personal Total Reward Data > MyBenefit Solutions)
- At Home: http://mybenefits.bnymellon.com (if you have not already registered, you will need to create a username and password)
- Check your personal information, such as address and phone number, to ensure that all information is accurate and up to date.
- Designate your beneficiaries for life, AD&D and travel accident insurance.